Ramagiri Ashram - Annadan, Vidyadan, Kanyadan
Sree Rama Dasa Ashram, named after our patron deity Lord Sree Anjaneya, is located on top of the hill named Ramagiri, on the banks of the beautiful Barvi River. It is the site of penance of a great Avatar Purush, His Holiness Jagadguru Swami Sathyananda Saraswathiji Maharaj, and His seniormost disciple, His Holiness Swami Krishnananda Saraswathiji Maharaj. Nearly 60 acres of untarnished land, rich in vegetation, has a combined spiritual and natural appeal.
The Ashram has its own temple complex, guest house facilities, water system, pitr pooja ghat, community hall, plantations, etc. Swamiji has a vision of preservation and propagation of the Bharatiya culture as well as optimum utilization of natural resources for the development of surrounding villages. Social projects for water, food and education have uplifted the villagers and adivasis (tribals). Future goals include world class projects to aid in the spiritual and social development of humanity.
How Ramagiri was found
In a clairvoyant vision, His Holiness Jagadguru Swami Sathyananda Saraswathiji Maharaj, while seated in Kerala, saw this pure and pious Tapobhoomi and described it to His seniormost disciple, His Holiness Swami Krishnananda Saraswathiji Maharaj. Poojya Swami Krishnanandaji immediately started for Mumbai with a mere twenty three Rupees in his hand. After a dedicated and divinely guided search he finally found this Chosen Land. Seated at the banks of the Barvi river, having nothing but water to offer, Poojya Swamiji chanted the Lalitha Sahasranama with offerings of water and asked the Divine Mother for this land to be used in the service of humanity.
In the year 1981, With a bold advance of just one Rupee, Swamiji booked this land from its owner with an assurance that the rest of the money would be paid within a year. Through collections from various public activities and teaching Yoga, Swamiji managed to fulfill the vision of his Guruji through the wholehearted support of devotees. He dedicated this land at the lotus feet of His Holiness Jagadguru Swami Sathyananda Saraswathiji Maharaj.
Facilities for the Devout:
- Annadan hall: An oblong dining hall with tables and seating facilities.
- Temples for prayer and contemplation.
- Residential Quarters: For residence of Ashram inmates.
- Free Medical Dispensary : We provide free treatment and medicines to all patients coming from the surrounding villages and adivasi colonies.
- Sathyananda Saraswathi Mandap: An open hall that can seat upto five thousand people. It is the venue for conducting dowry-free mass marriages as well as for various cultural functions.
- Guest rooms: Twenty rooms with attached toilet for devotees who wish to spend extended periods of time in the divine and serene atmosphere of the Ashram.
- Dowry Free marriages for protection of ladies.
- Pitr Pooja hall and ghat: We have the best Pitr Pooja facility in Mumbai complete with the pristine flowing Barvi river and a beautiful Shiva Mandir.
- Goshala: For the protection of cows the Ashram provides shelter and food to cows and bulls.
- Adivasi School: A school for tribal children.
- A Vanaprastha Ashram (Retirement home): A comfortable retirement home for people to spend the final years of life in prayer & service.
- Plantations: These are the Nakshatra Vatika dedicated to the 27 astrological Nakshatras and Vrindavan dedicated to the concept of soil conservation.
- Ladies Wing: Maithili Mahila Mandal for organised social work by ladies.
- Publishing Wing: INSPIRES, Ramagiri.
- Yoga and Meditation lessons.
- Rain water harvesting and water supply to surrounding villages.
- Cooperation with Government authorities to provide facilities and documents to tribals.
- Corporate Social Responsibility projects are executed by our Trust.